A simple but ridiculously tasty treat that is quick and easy to make. Perfect as a gift, a snack or in a lunchbox, no-one will complain about having a batch of these lying around the kitchen!
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp icing sugar, to dust
- Smash the chocolate into small chunks within the packet or chop up with a knife.
- Melt the butter, and golden syrup in a saucepan. Add it to the chopped chocolate and leave to melt into a rich, smooth mixture, stirring to make sure there are no lumps.
- Scoop out about ¼ of the melted mixture and spread it across the bottom of whichever cake pan, dish or mould you wish to use.
- Put the mixed nuts into a lip lock bag and then break them into pieces with a rolling pin. Add the cookies or biscuits and have another quick bash to keep some larger chunks.
- Fold the cookie and nut pieces into the remaining melted chocolate mixture in the mixing bowl, and then add the marshmallows.
- Add the mixture to the pan and spread it with a rubber scraper and top with chopped nuts, extra mallows etc.
- Refrigerate for 2 – 4 hours to set, cut into bars and dust with icing sugar to serve.