I just couldn’t help it, these just had to be made! And guess what the triple chocolate bit is!? A melt in the middle chocolate centre. I nearly choked when I first read the recipe, realising how many times I had made similar muffins and not put a dollop of something melty and delicious in the center. Anyway onto the recipe!
- 100g cooking chocolate
- 300g self raising flour (sifted)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g dark muscovado sugar
- 250ml milk
- 50g melted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- 50g white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200 c / 400 f / gas mark 6.
- Break the chocolate into a bowl and heat over a pan of simmering water until melted.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. In a separate bowl add the muscado sugar, melted chocolate,butter,milk and eggs and mix well. Carefully fold in the flour, taking care to not over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into paper muffin cases until half full then put a dollop of nutella in the center.
- Continue filling the muffins cases, covering the nutella.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until muffins have risen and are firm to touch. remove from the oven and cool.
- Serve warm. These are especially good served with ice cream in contrast to the warm center.